[CentOS] firewall?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 05:07:12 UTC 2011

On 7/16/11, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 07/15/11 9:57 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>> >  Read up on iptables, understand the concepts behind it. This is a good
>> >  thing to take slow if you're not familiar with it. Security is not to
>> >  be rushed. :)
>

> which part of that did you not understand?
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Sorry. I just didn't get the basic configuration. I mean enabling the
windows machine to get Internet service from the centos connected
server (with respect to the ip configuration sent). I am now reading
the iptables manual and I understand on how to set the required
security rules after getting the above basic configuration. Please
just give me a hint on the basic configuration.
Thank you in advance