[CentOS] firewall?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 16 17:37:55 UTC 2011

Please do not pull sentences out of context. Keith wrote:

 > Which is why one poster mentioned that you need to be
 > familiar with IPtables and Networking before trying to make
 > your machine(s) network(s) secure?

and I replied in the sense that he only needs to turn his firewall ON to
be secure. "by default" means exactly that, I was not writing about you
being able to change *default* configuration!

If you turn firewall ON (in GUI for example, and especially in
RHEL/CentOS ), without any allowed service,  your system/network will be
protected. If you do allow some services, the rest of the services on
your system/network will be protected.

Ljubomir