[CentOS] cent0s-6 and virtualbox

Michel Donais

donais at telupton.com
Sun Jul 17 17:52:51 UTC 2011

I want to get a look at Cents-6
The computer is a portable Thinkpad T-42
The base OS is Windows XP Professionnal

I tried to use both Microsoft Virtual PC and Oracle Virtual Box with the same result
I boot from the CD (wich have been burned from an ISO downloaded from a Centos -6 repo).
The version is CentOS-6.0-i386-bin-DVD.iso

With each virtual machine I get this result at the beginning of the installation:
"This kernel requires the following features not present on the cpu pae"
"Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU"

I undeerstand that perhaps the computer processor is too old.
But is there a patch to overpass this problem?

 ---
Michel Donais