[CentOS] Upgrade from CentOS 5.4 to 5.6 -> 6.0 (becoming slightly OT...)

Patrick Derwael patrick at derwael.be
Mon Jul 18 06:53:47 UTC 2011

>>Nguyen Vu Hung said the following on 17/07/11 20:19:

>> Currently, the OS is installed on a vmware, and arcording to the tech
staff,
>> due to technical, they can not install CentOS 6 or anything other than
CentOS 5.4 :)

>I already installed CentOS (and RHEL) 6 on VMware ESXi 4.1 and VMware
>Workstation 7.1.4. I already put in production a mail server with CentOS 6
>on VMware ESXi 4

>The so called "technical problems" are a plain lie: RedHat 6 is around for
>many months and VMware supports it.

>Ciao,
>luigi

>- --
>/
>+--[Luigi Rosa]--
>\

>You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.

Luigi,
I was about to do the same as you: install 6 on VM Workstation 7.1.4
(dev/test machine) and later on VM Server 2.0.2 (production).

As VM does not officially support CentOS6, can you tell me which OS version
you have selected? (RH5, CentOS, Other 2.6 kernel?)
Is there any other do's and don't I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Patrick Derwael