[CentOS] Centos EL6 install issue

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Jul 18 17:51:18 UTC 2011

I am trying to install on a kvm virtual machine (host is C5).

At some point it stops with install error about cyrus-sasl.

I goto the /root/install.log in I have a number of errors about:

Installing libstdc++
warning %post scriplet failed. exit status 127
Install zlib
warning %post scriptlet failed. exit status 127
Install libxml2
warning %post scriplet failed. exit status 127
this continues for a number of packages.

then the last one is :

Installing cyrus-sasl
error %pre scriptlet failed. exit status 127

Any thoughts on this?

df -h shows my partition only 9% in use for where I'm installing.
no errors in dmesg.

Thanks,

Jerry