[CentOS] [SOLVED] CUPS LAN printing problem (from Vista)

Always Learning centos at u6.u22.net
Mon Jul 18 23:11:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 22:58 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:

> And I thought Windoze 3.11 was really hot stuff then - doh!

So did I. It was single-tasking but you could turn-off the machine at
any stage and it would always restart perfectly well without the
slightest problem. Then came Windoze 95, which critics called Apple Mac
1986, followed by Windoze 98 with errors and bugs galore then Windoze 98
second attempt to get it right then followed by M$'s third attempt at a
98 product called Windoze ME.

Have DOS 6 somewhere, and M$ / Micro Focus DOS Cobol too, and possibly a
copy of DOS 3.3.

However Centos (or Linux generally) is certainly a real hands-on
operating system offering lots of satisfaction absent from all M$
products. Just wish I had discover the joys of Centos years ago. It
really is a computer person's delight. So boring because it just works
well and reliably :-)

--
With best regards,

Paul.