[CentOS] Memory Usage in Top and System Monitorþ

Michael McNulty ionosphere at live.com
Thu Jul 21 21:38:50 UTC 2011

Like I said I turned off daily digest to get the individual emails so I could "Hit" <reply>. (rather than copy/paste from here and RE: in subject line).

So do you know how to stop ramdisk from swapping to disk when there is plenty of available memory? I was using /dev/shm but created my own which I suppose is the same thing and have the same issue.

mkdir -p /media/ramdisk
mount -t tmpfs -o size=2000M
mount -t tmpfs -o size=2000M tmpds /media/ramdisk