[CentOS] Memory Usage in Top and System Monitor‏

Michael McNulty ionosphere at live.com
Thu Jul 21 21:57:07 UTC 2011

Yes I am copying files there but as my first post shows I have plenty of free memory so I thought it should not be using swap space.

I guess this is my problem.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-create-linux-ram-disk-filesystem/

"tmpfs (also known as
shmfs) is a little different from the Linux ramdisk. It allocate memory
dynamically and by allowing less-used pages to be moved onto swap space.
 ramfs, in contrast, does not make use of swap which can be an advantage
 or disadvantage in many cases."

So it looks like I need to use "ramfs" as described here?  That sound about right?