[CentOS] Upgrading from CentOS 5.6 to 6.0

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Jul 25 15:22:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Lamar Owen wrote:

> The specific example of zoneminder is particularly
> insidious.  On our zoneminder systems, even point updates to
> certain libraries has created problems.  A good, modern,
> package of zoneminder in a repo somewhere would save a lot
> of grief in that particular case.
>
> And even having maintained packages before, I'm not sure I
> would want to touch rolling my own zoneminder package(s).

I've a full set for C5 on ZM 1.23 -- the SElinux blissful
unawareness of that code is startling, as it is doing 'unsafe'
operations all over the place.  Running it on a dedicated
appliance box and treating it as a vulnerable client to a
SELinux enabled network using network sockets, is about the
only way to run it safely

1.24 looks 'doable', although perhaps not without some C6
libraries -- I see it in rawhide, and in F, after F13, as I
recall

-- Russ herrold