[CentOS] Upgrading from CentOS 5.6 to 6.0

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jul 26 05:57:24 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 02:07 PM, Mike Burger wrote:

>> But you are missing the point -- WHY spend the engineering
>> effort on trying to support such Major 'upgradeany's?  A new
>> deployment takes mere minutes for a commercial shop, and by
>> NOT supporting such explicitly, the upstream avoids much
>> support and engineering load.
>
> Quite simply, because the customer base, which is paying the upstream for
> support, is requesting that such a process be supported.

And this would be a sensible argument, were it not being made on the
CentOS list. Folks here aren't paying anyone anything.

This is more like an extension of the Fedora community, in a way -- free
testers and freeloaders. Big deal. Red Hat doesn't *need* to do anything
for us, come to think of it they're already doing quite a bit, so I see
no point in complaining.

-Iwao