[CentOS] Problem with /etc/security/console.perms.d/51-local.perms

Thomas Johansson thomasj at isy.liu.se
Tue Jul 26 14:47:51 UTC 2011

I'm having trouble to get rules in /etc/security/console.perms.d to work
properly. I have found no clue reading forums. The same problem appear
also in Scientific Linux6 and Fedora13/14. The rule i add works fine on
centos 5.

hostname:/etc/security/console.perms.d# ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 283 Jul 26 15:48 51-local.perms
hostname:/etc/security/console.perms.d# head -2 51-local.perms
<usbserial>=/dev/ttyUSB[0-9]*
<console>  0660 <usbserial>     0660 root.uucp

When i read docs for RHEL 6.1 i found this
Removed references to 50-default.perms, since this file was removed in
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, per Bugzilla 630524.

I have no access on redhat and cannot read the bugzilla report. COuld be
related to my issue.

ANyone who knows what the problem is or have any workarounds for this?

/Thomas