[CentOS] Kickstart and CentOS 6...

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 10:22:42 UTC 2011

From: John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

> I am trying to upgrade my kickstart usb key to 6.0 and I ran into a few issues.
> I boot with:
>   append initrd=initrd.img ks=hd:sdb2:/ks.cfg repo=hd:sdb2:/centos
> and in the ks.cfg I have:
>   harddrive --partition=sdb2 --dir=/centos
> and on sdb2 I have:
>   sdb2:/centos/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso
>   sdb2:/centos/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-bin-DVD2.iso
> It fails from the beginning unless I add /images inside /centos,
> I suspect it does not give a damn about the two DVD isos and expect the unpacked
> content...

I tried with the DVDs contents instead of the isos and it still fails with:
"The installation source given by device ['sdb2'] could not be found
But if I go in the console:
  $ mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/isodir
  $ ls /mnt/isodir/centos
  Packages images repodata
Everything needed seems to be accessible...
I cannot find any specific message complaining about a missing/invalid directory in anaconda logs...
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thx,
JD