[CentOS] Adding the [SOLVED] Tag to break threads -- multiple factors

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:04:35 UTC 2011

On 7/28/2011 12:57 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 07/28/2011 06:53 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> But the thing I'd like mailers to do is to call attention to messages
>> that belong to a thread where I've replied earlier.  Is there a way to
>> get thunderbird to do that?
>>

> yes, I mark email threads I am interested in with a flag, and its easy
> to workout new emails in threads with a flag. Does not help if threads
> are all over the place though.

I don't want to mark anything, I want the mailer to know that I am
interested in replies to my own messages.  And I generally read/reply on
an assortment of different computers with a common imap server so it
would have to track the references to get it right.

I thought newsreaders used to do this long ago, but it has been a long
time since I've used one.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com