[CentOS] CentOS 6: the ongoing saga

Tue Jul 12 19:58:31 UTC 2011

We'll ignore that the group name for KDE changed, and so, since we had it
on the same line as X, neither was installed.

However, more of an annoyance: to get nfs working, I had to install:
   pam-krb5
   ncsd
then fix /etc/init.d/autofs (when I did a service restart, it told me
automount was running, and did not stop it), then after some research,
found I had to manually start rpcbind, *then* I could run nfslock.

Any comments, folks? The admin I work with said he does not believe he had
to do some of that with RHEL 6.

     mark "he also says that I shouldn't discount the possibility
             that he's crazy"