[CentOS] Gimp PDF plugin - Centos 5

Tue Jul 26 17:43:04 UTC 2011
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

Gimp on Centos 5 has somehow lost its ability to load a pdf file on three (i386)
different computers.  I'm pretty sure that this used to work.

When I try to load a PDF file I get the initial box titled "Load Postscript"
with rendering and antialiasing options, but when I hit OK I get an error
message:  Opening "filename" failed:  Plug-In could not open image."

Comparing between Centos 5 and Centos 6 I see that I have a file named file-pdf
in the gimp plugins directory on Centos 6 x86_64 (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins)
but that file is not preset on the Centos 5 boxes..