[CentOS] shared cups printers disappeared

Sat Jul 2 18:42:47 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 01:07:45 +0200
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> Have you rebooted after the updates?
>
> What updates?
>
> I started avahi-daemon on both computers, restarted cups on both computers.
>
> Nothing changed -- Still didn't see the remote printers.
>
> I've had avahi-daemon turned off on these computers for a long time and it
> hasn't been a problem before so it was just a shot in the dark anyway, and it
> apparently didn't pan out.

 From your original posts:
Frank Cox wrote:
Up to a few days ago this worked fine.  Suddenly I can't see either
printer from the other machine and as far as I know nothing has changed
other than the usual "yum update" stuff that has come in over the past
few days. I can see the local printer on each computer but
system-config-printer (and applications) can't see the remote printer at
all.
Since there were updates of various important packages, I thought
rebooting after updates might be a good thing, just in case.

Ljubomir