[CentOS] shared cups printers disappeared

Sat Jul 2 19:32:02 UTC 2011
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 12:50 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 20:42:47 +0200
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> > Is there "browsable" boolean like in Samba? I never had to set up
> > printers in Linux network.
>
> Up to this point remote printers just show up by magic on the list of available
> printers as long as they are marked as "shared" on the host machine.  Now they
> don't show up on the list of available printers on the remote machine, even
> though they are available and shared on the host machine.
----
I think what he meant was to check /etc/cups/cupsd.conf for...

# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
# (Change '@LOCAL' to 'ALL' if using directed broadcasts from another
subnet.)