[CentOS] Power-outage

Tue Jul 5 09:15:16 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Steven Crothers wrote:
>
>> Hook up ethernet, if its not POE, you plug it in, attach all the various
>> usb cables, vga, serial, ps/2, ect ect to the server and let it hang. When
>> your server is unresponsive just go ahead and hit the IP you assigned to
>> your Spider, and you get a full console, virtual media, mass storage
>> emulation, and the ability to mount samba shares and what not into it.
>
>>> How exactly would that work?
>
> I'm still not clear on this solution.
> Assuming you are actually doing this, could you tell me how you set it up
> in a little more detail, please.

You hook up device to the PC, and both to internet, device with public
IP, best if it is static, or with dynamic domain.

Then you use (app or web browser?) and open up IP of the device and you
get somethink like VNC or TeamViewer but directly to hardware. Device
has some sort of embedded OS in the firmware so you have access to all
of your data, or at least I understood his comment in that way. Anyway,
you can remotely even access BIOS screen.

Ljubomir