[CentOS] ext4 in CentOS 5.6?

Tue Jul 5 14:26:13 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Charles Polisher <cpolish at surewest.net>wrote:

> (I'm sharpening my axe for the "Use ZFS, it's bulletproof" discussion.)
>
> --
> Charles Polisher

HAHA, what's your take on ZFS then?

We've been running ZFS on a few storage servers, both in the office and for
our hosting clients for about 2 years now and all I can say it that it's
rock solid.

With raidz2 (similar to RAID6) we've never had any data loss or corruption
due to hard drive failure and long rebuilds.
And if you use SSD for ZIL & LARC2 cache, it's super fast. the same systems
with EXT3 simply couldn't match the performance we got got from ZFS.

BUT, since we're not allowed to talk about anything else other than CentOS
on this list people don't mention it.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers