[CentOS] getting old mail every 5 months or so

Tue Jul 5 19:38:13 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Bob Hoffman wrote:

> From: Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] getting old mail every 5 months or so
>
> Using centos 5.x, sendmail, as a server, downloading mail with
> thunderbird (although this happened with outlook too)
>
> every 5 or 6 months I open my mail client (thunderbird) and one of my
> mail accounts decides to download 1,000 or so mails from my server. Old
> mail that I had already downloaded before.

What emails are you refering to Bob - ones specific to this
list?

Is this email being flushed (deleted) the first time you are
downloading it. Using fetchmail I can download emails, and
specify either the 'keep' or 'no-keep' option to either
download and not delete, or download and delete from the
mail server.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: