[CentOS] Power-outage

Tue Jul 5 20:31:50 UTC 2011
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 7/2/2011 7:34 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> I could in principle imagine all that coming in the future, but the
> "monitor == shades" thing is just only Fi with no Sci in it. A human eye
> cannot focus properly on any object which is closer to the eye than 10-15 cm
> (depending on the eye quality), so there is absolutely no way one can use
> shades or contact lenses or something similar as a monitor, regardless of
> technological levels of any human or alien races (James Bond notwithstanding).
> Unless of course one surgically adapts the eye lense itself, in which case the
> person would not be able to see anything else... ;-)

Hmm...something like this perhaps?

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/i-3d.html

Still a bit bulky and expensive, but not impossible.  These apparently
use a lens of some sort to allow the eye to focus at 5' while wearing
them.  I had the chance to play with a pair of these 10 years ago.  At
that time, the resolution sucked and they were about 1.5" thick.  They
had built-in motion tracking.  Playing Descent with those things was a
blast!  :)

--
Bowie