[CentOS] HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller Driver

Tue Jul 5 23:28:38 UTC 2011
Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Please help me understand.
>
> If the device requires an additional driver, unless its packaged as a dd for use at
> install, how can you install and then add a driver?
>
> Disable RAID mode, set it to AHCI, then Anaconda will see all the individual discs
> at which point during install you can choose to setup Linux md raid, far simpler
> and almost always better than software raid IMHO.
>
> Recovery and monitoring facilities are built into Linux, life's just easier...

Hi Joseph L Casale

>That thing is a software raid setup iirc, although there is an rpm for it
>post install, you could use the ddkit from rhel to make a dd image but
>frankly I would just use mdraid, turn off the riad setup and just use AHCI.

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. You said use dd kit from
rhel and create a linux device driver image and supply drivers during
OS installation.  dd command i suppose. Please further suggest.

I have extracted the rpm file and it has hpahcisr.o file. Am i
understanding you correctly ?

Thanks again

Regards

Kaushal