[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

Thu Jul 7 12:44:39 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:
> On 07/07/2011 07:46 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an interesting situation with one of our switches. It's a
>> D-Link DGS-3100, 24 port 10/100/1000 Layer 2 Managed switch with some
>> CentOS servers connected to it. On many of the servers I need to
>> disable Flow Control on the switch's ports otherwise the CentOS
>> server's doesn't connect to the switch. i.e. the Switch indicates that
>> the LAN cable is unplugged and CentOS can simply not connect to any
>> host on the LAN.
>>
>> As soon as I disable Flow Control, CentOS "breaks".
>>
>> Does anyone know why this would happen, or how / if I can enable Flow
>> Control in CentOS as well?
>
> I've got many CentOS machines connected to a few DGS-3100 (24 and 48
> port versions) and I've not seen this problem before. I can't suggest
> what might be the problem, but I am going to guess that it's server side.

Yes, I figured that much, but I don't know what to look for.

Some of the servers are Intel and other are SuperMicro, all using
onboard NIC's. The Dell Windows servers connected to the same switch
doesn't have this issue though

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers