[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

Thu Jul 7 13:31:20 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM, R - elists <lists07 at abbacomm.net> wrote:
> rudi
>
> when migrating some rackmount HP servers running Centos4 from hard coded 100
> meg fdx to auto gigE that we had to
>
> 1) remove this from our ifcfg-ethX files
>
> ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

I don't see those options listed:

root at zaxen01:[~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
# Intel Corporation 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=00:1c:c0:75:19:ee
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=196.34.x.x
NETMASK=255.255.255.224
GATEWAY=196.34.x.x

> 2) proper CAT6 wiring

already done :)

> 3) plug into the copper gigE switchport

already done :)

> 4) reboot

tried that already

> using Cisco though...

I can't change a switch just for this. The other (Dell + Windows)
servers on the exact same switch doesn't give me this problem.

> did not find a decent plug n play solution
>
> i.e., did not waste a lot of time looking for solutions other than the
> obvious cisco and centos config or network down and up interface commands
>
>  - rh

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
SoftDux