[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

Thu Jul 7 14:34:22 UTC 2011

R - elists wrote:

>> A minor detail - I think you *must* have autoneg set first -
>> it applies them one after the other, in my experience.
>>
>> ETHTOOL_OPTS="autoneg off speed 100 duplex full"
>
> in this case though, it is gigE so dont use 100
<snip>
Right, but the point I was making is that when I started playing with
ethtool last year, I found that the paramenter autoneg [on|off] *had* to
be the first parameter, otherwise it gagged trying to set other options.
Clearly, it's a dumb program, that just reads the list, and performs them
one at a time, in order of appearance (read, perform, pop parm, repeat)

      mark