[CentOS] Where can I download centos 6

Fri Jul 8 21:48:26 UTC 2011
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Steven Crothers
<steven.crothers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thankfully some good things have come of this complete disaster that is
> CentOS 6.
> * Scientific Linux 6
> * Oracle Enterprise 6 (Which is free to download folks)
> * Clear-OS Core (Which is ran by a professional organization instead of a
> group if you're into that)

Uh... Scientific Linux didn't "come from" CentOS. It's been in
existence since 2004. Oracle Linux? Go for it, if supporting a
parasitical, ungrateful corporation is your thing and if you like to
pay for updates to them (I would just use Red Hat, if it were me).
Clear-OS Core? Strange, I don't see its 6.0 version available for
download yet. They've got an alpha out there, but it remains to be
seen how will they'll rebuild Red Hat and how long their rebuilding
project will last. I'm guessing they'll find it's a lot of work, go
back to using CentOS and put their time back into their main product
line. But we'll see.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6