[CentOS] Triggering script from cron or web client

Fri Jul 8 22:28:44 UTC 2011
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

On Friday, July 08, 2011 11:05 PM +0100 Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
wrote:

> Is this something you could do with AJAX?

You mean JavaScript on the web client? That won't do anything for me on the
server.

Note that the problem isn't strictly a web server problem. That just
happens to be the place where I want to initially trigger this from. But I
might also do it from a shell login. What I need is a way to  kick a
service so it doesn't wait for the next periodic interval to run a script.
It would also be useful to have the "kick" block until the script finishes
so I know when the results are available.