[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

Sat Jul 9 17:18:45 UTC 2011
Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net>

On 09/07/2011 01:06, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Turning off negotiation pretty much guarantees problems if anything
> changes at the other end or you use an unmanaged switch. And the
> gigabit spec requires auto-negotiation.

Let me make it clear - auto-negotiation only works if auto-negotiation
is configured on both sides. It does not work if one side hard codes the
speed and duplex. Both sides have to be set for it to negotiate.
Agreeing on speed and duplex ensures that it will work.

If something is going to change on the remote end without you knowing,
or your provider is using an unmanaged switch then it's time to change
provider :-) - they obviously are cheapskates and don't have any change
management control on their systems.

Gigabit is different.

--
Best Regards,