[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Sat Jul 9 20:25:18 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Keith Roberts wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jul 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> There is "Autopatcher" software, free. It downloads all updates from M$
>> site you might need and then you start the process of silent
>> installation of patches. It can take 3-4 hours to update everithing (IE,
>> Adobe, .Net, ...) but there are not many reboots, 2-3 maybe, depends.
>> When you reboot just start paching process again and it will pick where
>> it left off.
>
> Oh yes! I have heard about that before. All needed M$
> updates on a CD or DVD. So you can update without having to
> do the downloads? Thanks for reminding me about that one
> Ljubomir!

It is not only CD/DVD. They were baned from distribution of M$ files, so
you download Autopacher app (~700KB) and it will download everything you
need. I keep it on USB flash, but DVD also works.

> The only good thing I can say is there is quite alot of
> good GPL'd applications for Windoze on sourceforge and
> other websites.

There is also Comodo firewall (with some anti-malware
addition). Not GPL but very much
free:http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php

I am mantioning it because he irritates me when he starts to check every
app I start. Annoying Security software is often better.

But enough abput Windows or we will be flogged by folks here :-D

Ljubomir