[CentOS] Wierd cursor jump when I type letter "y"

Sat Jul 9 22:30:43 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Steve Thompson wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> In large number of times when I type letter "y", like in "you" my typing
>> cursor jumps 2-3 rows up or 1-2 words to the left.
>
> The only times I have ever seen anything like this was due to a bad
> keyboard or a bad KVM switch. Does it behave the same way in a non-X
> session or at BIOS level?

Can't say. It is my personal lap-top. But I think I have seen the same
behavior on my CentOS 5.6 desktop, but right now I can not be sure.

I am atypical keyboard user. I often have problems when I try to use the
<Shift> key, I press it but it is like I have not done so, and I can
reproduce this on at least 3 separate keyboards, and this jumping.
Hmmmm, just now it jumped 7 rows up + ~35 char to the right, but on the
"this" word from last sentence. But it does not happen that often to
warrant reinstall or something similar.

I am just wondering if someone knows what might be happening.

Ljubomir