[CentOS] Working with the upstream vendor

Sun Jul 10 14:58:10 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Always Learning wrote:
> Having been very emotional distraught circa 1992-1994 when I repeatedly
> argued passionately with my work colleagues that western (i.e. British)
> aircraft attacking Serbian tanks and artillery would stop the massacre
> of thousands of civilians from all parts of Yugoslavia, I wish to assert
> that genocide and mass murders by any bunch of people is fundamentally
> wrong. It is still happening today in Africa and probably elsewhere.
I will be very brief, but we can communicate off-list.
That was misconception. JNA, Yugoslav army, was at that time
multi-national, mixed on purpose from all sides of the country. In
Slovenia, first to secede, JNA soldiers were sent in tanks without
ammunition and were gunned down by sedition soldiers.

> I saw the horrific scenes from Yugoslavia on television night after
> night while the rest of the world was uncaring and inactive despite the
> urgency of a determined military response to protect the civilians.
Civilians were fighting each other. JNA was actually a buffer at the
first part of the civil war but was attacked for their superior weapons.

> When limited UN Forces intervened, I remember with pride a British army
> colonel (now a Conservative MP (member of the British Parliament))
> angrily telling the murdering military that unless they stopped he would
> instruct his force to open fire on them.
>
> I visited Beograd during the UN sanctions and witnessed the run-down
> conditions and the ad hoc petrol filling stations along the main roads -
> cars parked at 90 degrees to the road with a large plastic container on
> the bonnet. They said Hungarian petrol (bezine) was best because it
> contained less water.
>
> I stayed at the Beograd hotel where people were gunned-down. I had a
> meeting in a building in the middle of the freezing winter with all the
> windows wide open because the stench of dead bodies from the floor
> beneath us was overpowering.
That must have been some organized crime related shooting. Belgrade was
200km away from fighting.

> I am glad peace has come and I hope Europe never ever again tolerates
> such a shameful period in its history.
>
> Being friends, working together and respecting others is best.
I totally agree on this one.

I apologies for such off-topic violation to everybody, I am done with
this tread on-list. Please send replies to my personal mail if you feel
the need to respond.

Ljubomir