[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Mon Jul 11 15:09:20 UTC 2011
Brunner, Brian T. <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com>

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
> On Monday, July 11, 2011 10:03 PM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
>> Ljubomir The Wise wrote:
>>> Short version (I am hungry):
>>>
>>> Experience (19 years of Windows phone support and 5 years of Linux
>>> administration and usage as a desktop surrounded by Windows
>>> users) says that in order to convert (reluctant) Windows user you
>>> have to fully replicate Windows environment with compatible Linux
>>> Apps. Period.
>>
>> +googolplex!
>> DirectX games, facebook, facebook games, other games, skype,
>> garage-band, and many many more.
>> Many of these *can* be tweaked into running under Linux, by somebody
>> who knows how. My wife will *never* know how.
>> Yum install "World of Warcraft" (or whatever game, which looks for
>> the game installed on your NTFS file system, downloads anything
>> needed, configures and leaves a ready-to-click-and-play WoW on the
>> Linux side) or forget it, you're not ready to push Windows off the
>> desktop.
>>

> I hear that WoW is going the way of the dodo due to lack of creativity

Those voices aren't technologically savvy.  WoW is still growing.

> there. Maybe you have some other more pressing example

I am at a loss parsing your reply as anything other than ignorant
derision.
Why do you think minesweeper is more pressing?

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me