[CentOS] Suggest Hardware Raid Controller Card

Mon Jul 11 15:28:35 UTC 2011
Colin Coles <colin at wemoto.com>

On Monday 11 July 2011 16:12, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Colin Coles <colin at wemoto.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 11 July 2011 15:49, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have HP DL 180 G6 2U Server loaded with CentOS 5.6. Can someone
> >> please suggest any good Hardware Raid Controller Card for the
> >> mentioned Hardware and OS. The reason being this server comes with
> >> Onboard Sata Controller chipset (HP Smart Array B110i Controller).
> >> This server has SATA Harddrive - 4 Nos of 500GB each and the OS
> >> doesnot detect it.
> >
> > Have you set up the array using the disk setup utility?
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes I have setup RAID 1+0 Array using HP Smart Controller B110i BIOS.
> It shows usable disk space of approx 940 GB but the OS does not see it
> instead it shows all the 4 * 500 GB HDD.

Try discarding the array and rebuilding, perhaps using a different RAID level,
see if that makes any difference. I have vaguely similar machines and have
not encountered this type of problem, and I'm pretty sure all this range are
certified for RHEL.