[CentOS] Triggering script from cron or web client

Tue Jul 12 02:16:31 UTC 2011
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Friday, July 08, 2011 8:23 PM -0400 Brian Mathis
<brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com> wrote:

> If you don't want to wait a full minute you could use
> 'incron' to monitor the temp directory and kick the update right away.
>  Seems better than having something in a loop constantly checking.

incron sounds promising. I could use the regular cron to push a signal (ie.
touch a file) at the regular interval, whereupon incron launches the
existing script, and the webscript can touch the signal file when I need
the script run right away. Will incron not run the script again if it's
already running? Will it queue the file event until the handler exits?