[CentOS] Problem with net-install

Tue Jul 12 07:59:01 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

david wrote:
> COMMENT:  One of the nice properties of Linux has been that it can be
> installed and run on "old" hardware.  I wonder if this feature is going away.

CentOS dev team will, in next few days release several general purpose
CD's Like Minimal server CD and Minimal Installation CD. LiveCD should
also be coming soon and hopefully it will have "Install on HDD" option
to help you install from CD device.

CentOS 6 was not really intended for slower systems, none of the newer
distros are. CentOS 6 kernel for example does not support 586 CPU's.

Best advice for people with CD's is please be patient and wait several
days untill additional media is created.

Ljubomir