[CentOS] Centos 6 Server has no GUI

Tue Jul 12 12:55:16 UTC 2011
Michael Schumacher <michael.schumacher at pamas.de>

Josh,

On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 you wrote:

>> help, because it is not starting automatically. And then, we don't
>> have runlevels any more, this means a little bit more looking into
>> details is required.

>> How can Linux _not_ have run levels. I thought that was a
>> central part of the design of Linux?

> Um, who says 6 doesn't have runlevels?  I haven't personally looked at
> C6, but upstream EL6 -does- have runlevels just as previous versions:

...my fault. I had some remarks in my mind that the boot procedure
had changed from rhel5 to rhel6. Now I can't find that reference.
Looks like this was nonsense from my side. Sorry, still trying so sort
things with our new CENTOS6 toy... :-)

best regards
---
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck