[CentOS] Repositories for CentOS 6

Tue Jul 12 13:54:28 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 03:01:09PM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> virtualmin
>
> Perhaps we can avoid advocating repos that stomp all over base and
> replace core components?

I just added several that are on my list. Virtualmin repo is where
Webmin rpms are located. I avoided giving any links, so who ever decides
to check it out will have to read their web site and hopefully will
understand his own actions.

Given that most of the noobs try to compile packages from tar's, my
approach is actually more benign than what they would do on their own.
And majority of users will not be interested in Virtualmin anyhow. But I
will be extra careful about this.

In next month or two I will raise possibility to (in some safe form) add
Priority lines in yum repo files, and to start a campaign in educating
CentOS users in safe ways to use existing repositories to avoid
compilations of packages on their own.

Ljubomir