[CentOS] Problem with net-install

Tue Jul 12 16:56:54 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 07/12/11 9:13 AM, John Hinton wrote:
> I wouldn't consider G4s old and slow... 8
> gigs of ram and a dual 3.6g xeon processors isn't all that slow or
> shabby.

except today's model is 48GB of ram[1] and dual 6 core 3Ghz CPUs, each
core of which is significantly faster than those P4/Netburst xeon.
With virtualization, one of these servers can likely support 8 or more
VMs each with the performance of your G4s

[1] the config I just ordered, 48GB uses half the ram slots, so I can
easily double that to 96GB by adding 6 more 8GB dimms