[CentOS] centos 64 bit

Wed Jul 13 07:57:31 UTC 2011
Edo <ml2edwin at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM, office at plnet.rs wrote:

> RHEL/CentOS always installs both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries, that is
> the way Red Hat wanted it, so Applications designed only as 32-bit can
> run without any modification on 64-bit system. If you check other
> packages, you will see many have 32-bit counterparts.
>
> This is normal behavior without any repercussions, so unless you intend
> to remove all 32-bit libraries from your system, I recommend to go ahead
> and install both 32-bit and 64-bit packages.

That depends on what system you’re building.

I haven’t used any 32-bit systems for many years now. I don’t have any
need for them so I don’t install them. So, unless it’s absolutely needed,
I suggest deleting them all.

- Edo - mailto:ml2edwin at gmail.com
“He that is holding to discipline is a path to life,
but he that is leaving reproof is causing to wander.”
—Proverbs 10:17