[CentOS] CentOS 6 system-config-bind missing?

Wed Jul 13 13:59:37 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 08:28:46 PM Emmett Culley wrote:
> First system-config-network is not part of CentOS/RHEL 6, now I don't see system-config-bind either.  Is there an alternative (GUI) way to manage the bind DNS server?

Culled from the SL list:
See: http://scientificlinuxforum.org/index.php?showtopic=153

This shows how to use the package 'fedpkg' found in EPEL to rebuild from source RPM a Fedora or EPEL package.  You might then be able to rebuild the Fedora system-config-bind for yourself.  But you'll be responsible for all updates, etc, etc. IOW, Caveat Redivivor (pardon my pidgin Latin....).