[CentOS] OT: USB3 drive occasionally not detected

Wed Jul 13 15:04:31 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u6.u22.net>

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 12:40 +0200, Timothy Kesten wrote:

> CentOS 5.5 x86_64
>
> Asrock-Board with 2 USB3 plugs.

Which Asrock pcb ?

My desktop is Centos 5.6 with Asrock N68C-S UCC. I format USB memory
sticks as ext3.

SD cards (FAT format) are instantly recognised (via USB). However USB
memory sticks (4 GB, 8 GB) are recognised very slowly. There appears to
be some polling, a flash of activity on HDD 1, a flicker of LED light on
the memory stick, some more HDD activity, more memory stick LED flashes
then the memory stick is recognised. The process seems very slow and
take about a minute or more.

--
With best regards,

Paul.