[CentOS] PackageKit via ssh

Wed Jul 13 17:52:15 UTC 2011
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/2011 12:31 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

>> Possible approach would be NX (Nomachine) or FreeNX client/server.
>> Connection is via SHH but you get full GUI Access and sound and (local?)
>> printer.
>> NX server is easier to install, but is free only for max 1-2 clients at
>> the same time.
>
> Has anyone packaged the freenx server for 6.x yet?

There is a test version of nx/freenx here:

http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx-freenx/6/

It is working for me but not final nor official. Your feedback is welcome at:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4507

In a related note, selinux is enabled by default in CentOS-6. This
blog will help if you need to deal with selinux:

http://blog.toracat.org/2010/12/selinux-and-freenx/

Akemi