[CentOS] CentOS 6 x86_64 DVD doesn't boot

Fri Jul 15 03:28:16 UTC 2011
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 21:36 -0500, Barry Brimer wrote:
> >> By any chance is the drive that does not work *NOT* a CDRW drive?
> >> Sometimes CD-ROM drives do not like reading rewriteable media.
> >
> > The drive in my little server is a DVD/CD burner, too.  So, that's not
> > the problem.
>
> Can you read other discs burned by that burner in the server machine?  I
> understand that it has a DVD/CD burner, but is a CDRW burner?  Can you
> attach this drive to a USB cable or move it to the affected machine to see
> if the problem follows the drive or the machine?

The burner I'm using is a built in laptop drive. :/  However, I have
used it to burn LinuxMCE DVD images, and those have always booted on my
new machine without issue.

I think it's something specific to CentOS 6 and the particular hardware
I'm using.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux