[CentOS] What package contains ifconfig?

Fri Jul 15 18:41:44 UTC 2011
Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>

On 07/15/2011 02:39 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I don't have ifconfig on my new installation of CentOS 5.6, but it is on
> my server in the cloud. What package contains it?
>  Thanks,
> John

root at vsh02:~# yum provides "*/ifconfig"

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: centos.mirror.nexicom.net
 * extras: centos.mirror.nexicom.net
 * updates: centos.mirror.nexicom.net
updates/filelists_db                                     | 2.5 MB
00:00

net-tools-1.60-81.el5.x86_64 : Basic networking tools.
Repo        : base
Matched from:
Filename    : /sbin/ifconfig

:)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"