[CentOS] problems with burning i386 centos 6 dvd

Fri Jul 15 21:50:07 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Keith Roberts wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, yonatan pingle wrote:
>
> *snip*
>
>> Any pros vs cons on using a bootable USB thumb drive instead of CD/DVD ?
>>
>> this might be the better solution as the images just grow larger and
>> larger each update.
>>
>> I find it much faster to install from USB.
>
> I think that's an option I'm going to have to look into. I
> suppose you would mount the iso image, and copy the files
> directly to the USB flash drive?

There are apps/scripts that convert DVD/CD ISO file for use on USB thumb
drive. There were even suggestions on one of centos mailing lists I
think, and net is full of howto's.

So no, it is not just copy, You need it to boot the installer.

Ljubomir