[CentOS] svnserve with encryption on CentOS

Sat Jul 16 00:07:26 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 7/15/2011 6:55 PM, David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks, and apologies if this is a repeat message.
>
> I'm not really wanting to do an apache setup for this project.

You make it sound like that's a hard thing.  It's basically a 'yum
install httpd mod_dav_svn' and an edit to /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf.

> What my
> structure will be like I think will be /var/svn and under that parent
> directory repos# where that equals a separate project.

That will work with any of the serving methods.

> I've read that svnserve can hook in to sasl for encryption and
> authentication, but not a lot of details on it. I'm starting to think
> my best method would be svn+ssh, any experiences with this method?

I think the sasl encryption is limited to the password exchange.  You
should probably ask on the subversion list if encryption/security is
important - there are some fanatics there.  My experience is mostly
behind firewalls where those details are less critical.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com