[CentOS] firewall?

Sat Jul 16 05:12:09 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 07/15/11 10:07 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Sorry. I just didn't get the basic configuration. I mean enabling the
> windows machine to get Internet service from the centos connected
> server (with respect to the ip configuration sent). I am now reading
> the iptables manual and I understand on how to set the required
> security rules after getting the above basic configuration. Please
> just give me a hint on the basic configuration.

first, you should have two separate physical interfaces, not the same
interface like eth0 and eth0:1

internet to eth0 and local area network to eth1

configure iptables rules to implement "NAT" (network address
translation) also known as 'IP Masquerade'.  you typically have the load
the ip masq connection tracking module too.   Any howto or readme on
iptables and linux firewalling should explain how to do this.

if you want someone to write the rules for you, I suggest you hire them.