[CentOS] SPAM on the List

Sun Jul 17 02:09:06 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u6.u22.net>

On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 20:06 -0400, Mark Weaver wrote:

> On 7/16/2011 6:50 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> >

> > If there was an automatic ban on List mail containing HTML parts, it is
> > likely the latest crap would not be distributed to everyone.
> >
> > A possible test of the Content-Type: header for
> >
> >          multipart/mixed;
> >
> > or
> >
> >          text/html;
> >

> > might stop the spam.

> you mean like the default settings of Mailman list software that the
> CentOS list "doesn't" run on? I have five lists running on one of my
> CentOS servers and crap like that doesn't ever make it to the list.

It is the method I use with Exim to block unwanted HTML emails.

I also do not accept external mail if the HELO/EHLO is not identical to
the host name used by the sending server. Its a marvellous method of
removing lots of spam. Unfortunately some large organisations (i.e.
Ebay, British Telecommunications (BT) and others) are so utterly
incompetent they fail - so their emails get rejected. If they want to
send us emails, they have to obey our rules.

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,