[CentOS] firewall?

Sun Jul 17 08:37:05 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Always Learning wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 13:25 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> But, sadly google can't teach someone to start making their own
>> choices or to think for themselves
>
> Learning Linux/Centos on one's own, and without good text books, is a
> very daunting task even for those with over 40 years computer
> programming experience. I describe it as a steep learning curve but, as
> usual, I succeeded. Others may be confused and lack the background
> knowledge to put 'strange' things in context or to make sense of what
> seems illogical.

That was not directed to people wanting to learn something, but to the
drones wanting everything "chewed up". Asking specific question was
never a problem to respond to and educate for the most people.

I don't think I have been on a forums or mailing list that refused to
point someone in the right direction. "Give a man a fish, you have fed
him for today.  Teach a man to fish, and you have fed him for a
lifetime" most people use as a moto. But there are always those who want
it all served on the silver platter.

Ljubomir