[CentOS] SPAM on the List

Mon Jul 18 02:18:52 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u6.u22.net>

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 21:07 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On 7/17/11 4:48 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > Legitimate senders should not use fake, false, misleading credentials.

> There is no requirement for the greeting name to match any IP, and isn't likely
> to work for multi-homed and/or clustered machines.

Which type of 'multi-homing' were you thinking about ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multihoming

* Single Link, Multiple IP address (Spaces)
* Multiple Interfaces, Single IP address per interface
* Multiple Links, Single IP address (Space)
* Multiple Links, Multiple IP address (Spaces)

Which type of 'cluster' were you thinking about ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cluster

* High-availability (HA) clusters
* Load-balancing clusters
* Compute clusters

If any of these share the same IP address, they can share the same host
name.

I am not well acquainted with either of the above two methods,
multi-homed and clusters, but I can not understand why any of them
should resort to using fake identities when sending-out emails.

Can you help me understand why bogus identities are necessary in these
circumstances ?

Thank you.

--
With best regards,